15.3.12

Stuart Smalley in the Studio

Do you remember Stuart Smalley's self-affirmation? I'm chanting a similar artspeak mantra these days to counteract the many excuses that keep me from the studio. I could curate a huge Holzer-esque show simply by displaying the phrases that flash through my brain to talk me out of doing this project. I'm not 24/skinny anymore. I'm tired- I could just watch Hulu for a little while. Carb-dropping is making me crabby. My palette is not cleaned off. My work week has been hectic. Ugh, laundry. I need a drink. Good old fashioned classic Complain-O-Crastination. I keep reminding myself that even though I don't see the actual deadline on this, it's going to arrive all sudden-like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!
I'd love it if you'd "come along for the journey" with me - please follow my blog.