17.9.11

Missed Her by a Minute

Swiss Bliss, NYCAMS Gallery, photo: Jessica Kohout
In this small burg of  8,175,133 chances and connections, I can't believe I saw her again - the person that chatted with us on the subway platform when we had gotten a Shakespearean-style soaking. She was among the people at an art-opening to which one of my friends had extended an invitation to me. But by the time I got to the opening, the public had cleared out and only the core people were there: the artists and their intimate supporters. She seemed to not recognize me, and I felt a little sheepish approaching her. By then, my friend had ducked out to prepare the dinner for the artists, so I missed her by a minute.

Not saying hello was, in essence, saying good-bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!
I'd love it if you'd "come along for the journey" with me - please follow my blog.