6.5.13

The Journey / The Destination

So as I'm riding this train, I'm thinking of what it feels like to be on the train. Go down this track with me for a minute:

Jumping into a car just as the doors close feels like "an accomplishment." (Yay! You did it!) Clicking past each station, each closer to your destination, feels like "purpose" (I'm going Somewhere.) Overhearing conversations across from you feels like you're "a part of this Whole Big Machine."

But what really happens - most of the time - is that I just sit here with my eyes glued to my smartphone; everyone else is looking at theirs, too; not participating, ignoring, sometimes even unconsciously occupying seat space until they are just... gone. And then I start to think about the bigger thing for which we've all purchased a ticket at some point of our respective rides: Ambition. What am I accomplishing with this train ride? Where am I really going if I just sit here... and just wait to get off?

Some people think about "The Journey" and some focus on "The Destination" as they go about their daily lives. I lean toward the Destination, and my husband enjoys the Journey. But we're both learning from each other as we travel our lives together - that passively focusing on a journey may run it off course unawares, and aligning one's eyes only to the destination prevents often interesting side roads of discovery. Both my husband and I strive to balance while time moves us along. So where are you? What are you doing as you're riding the train?

5 comments:

  1. wow slot มาใหม่ เล่นได้ทุกแบรนด์ ทั้งสล็อต ยิงปลา บาคาร่า โบนัสแตกดีทุกวัน ได้รางวัลใหญ่ไม่จำกัด เกมนับ 100 ให้คุณได้เลือกเล่น มีเกมค่ายดังๆอย่าง pg slot ด้วยใครๆก็รู้จัก

    ReplyDelete
  2. webp to png แต่วิธีที่ง่ายและรวดเร็วที่สุดคือใช้เว็บไซต์ PG SLOTออนไลน์ที่สามารถแปลงไฟล์ WebP เป็น PNG ได้

    ReplyDelete
  3. pg เลือกตั้ง นายก เว็บไซต์ที่มาแรงที่สุดของยุคนี้ PGSLOT เว็บไซต์ตรงไม่ผ่านเอเย่นต์แจ็กเพียงพอตแตกมาก แตกจริง แถมพวกเราจ่ายลูกค้าทุกคนจริง ไม่ยั้ง ไม่เท ขอบอกเลยว่าพวกเรา

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pgmeslot ได้เงินจริงๆ เว็บไซต์ผู้ให้บริการเกมสล็อต ซื้อฟรีสปินได้หรือแอปพลิเคชันที่สามารถดาวน์โหลดได้บนสมาร์ทโฟนหรือแท็บเล็ต PG

    ReplyDelete
  5. ทำไม dumbo1234 หากชื่อผู้ใช้ของคุณเป็น dumbo1234 คุณสามารถใช้ชื่อนี้เข้าสู่ระบบหรือสร้างบัญชีผู้ใช้ใหม่ได้อย่างปกติ PGSLOT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!
I'd love it if you'd "come along for the journey" with me - please follow my blog.